View Single Post
Old 12-11-2021, 06:55 PM   #579
Ebush

Drives: 2017 Hot Lava 86
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by captain awesome View Post
I weighed my car before the swap with a tick over a quarter tank of gas and a slightly lighter muffler. This car was an automatic without any mods, and as far as I can tell was only missing the front bumper styrofoam and some of the trunk accessories. Weight was 2753 pounds.

Today I weighed the car again with very small differences other than a tick over 3/4 tank of gas. It weighed in at 2702 pounds. At first I was a bit pissed cause it appeared to be only about 51 pounds of weight loss and I probably had lost a couple pounds switching to a non spoiler trunk AND I started off with the chunky automatic.

BUT I forgot about the extra half a tank of gas. So I subtracted 6.5 gallons of gas weighing roughly 6 pounds each. That would put me at around 90 pounds of weight loss. I'm happy about that. I think it could be a couple pounds more than that as I added a stock muffler back to replace the Works resonated one but can't find my notes on the weight differences between the two.

SO let's assume anywhere between 90-100 pound loss if starting with an automatic. I'll go over the cross weight difference later when I get a chance.
I would imagine the Auto weighs more than the MT but not sure on actual numbers. To be atleast 40 pounds off from Kpowers numbers makes me wonder who's scale was wrong. The muffler definetly doesn't weigh 40 pounds more either. What type of scale was used, and if it was just one at a truck stop or scrap yard how long ago was the stock weight done? edit - just noticed you mentioned cross weight so Im guessing you have a set of scales at home.
Ebush is offline   Reply With Quote