Old 11-30-2021, 01:23 PM   #10
Ashikabi

Drives: 2013 FR-S
Thanked 4,543 Times in 2,948 Posts
Mentioned: 59 Post(s)
Tagged: 5 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Compelica View Post
Thanks for the input. I believe it's the other way around, where the thermostat starts to open at 82C instead of being fully open.

https://www.sard.co.jp/parts/products/cooling/thermo/

@Ashikabi @dragoontwo I see where you're coming from, but the fact that the OEM thermostat only fully opens at 95C yet I am on track at 92C, that implies that the radiator still has cooling capacity left to spare to have the engine running at a lower operating temp, does it not?

It's not the additional cooling I'm after, a lower thermostat cannot bend physics nor magically give you more cooling than the radiator can provide - but if I could have the engine running at a lower temperature with more heat pushed to the radiator closer to its capacity and reap the assumed gains is my goal.
Ahh, I didn't realize the stock thermostat was 95 degrees. If that's the case, then your radiator is indeed not at max cooling capacity. Then a cooler therm will affect your 92 degree number. Not sure how you could possibly be running at thermostat open temp on track though. Unless you're racing somewhere that is very chilly

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5010 using Tapatalk
Ashikabi is offline   Reply With Quote