View Single Post
Old 11-02-2021, 01:57 PM   #951
Capt Spaulding
Persona Non Grata
 
Capt Spaulding's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Drives: '15 BRZ (WRB)
Location: On the Border
Posts: 1,881
Thanks: 2,016
Thanked 2,782 Times in 1,201 Posts
Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoHaveMSG View Post
I don't think a lot of people, even car people, understand the performance of bikes. My bike is SLOW by bike standards at a 0-60 of 3.3 and it's measly 73hp.
I don’t recall when I read this, but some time back one of the bike mags noted that a ZX-10 could accelerate from 0 to 100 mph and the brake back to 0 in something like 14 seconds. That’s 0-100-0 in under 15 seconds. The 0 to 100 time was a hair over 5 seconds. A BMW S1000RR’s 0 to 180mph time is 16 seconds flat. It would be significantly quicker except for insisting on wheelieing at 140.

That’s hair bending. And not really useable by mortal humans. But, nothing exceeds like excess.
__________________
Slow is smooth, and smooth is fast
Capt Spaulding is offline   Reply With Quote