View Single Post
Old 09-26-2021, 02:41 PM   #9
SockMonkey

Drives: '13 BRZ Limited
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by soundman98 View Post
you had me at the first part. lost me on the second.

my first gen is already bought, paid for, doesn't have a horrific digital dash, or extra electronic nannies.

the motor is slightly improved, but the styling is more polarizing/bland/boring to existing owners, but besides the motor, offers no mechanical improvements over 1st gen outside of that. the chassis is the same, with the same rigidity improvements of the 2020 model, the brakes are the same, and the transmission is the same...
Being bought and paid for has literally no bearing on the car what-so-ever for anyone but you... lol, so mentioning it is pointless to a comparison. No one is trying to convince you you need to upgrade. I own either right now. What extra nannies? unless you go with an auto for the eye-sight... My 2022 premium has no more nannies than my '13 did. Your only valid point is the LCD dash.

And you are wrong on almost every point, even if it's minor, have you done no research? Lower CG, improved transmission, improved body rigidity (this is the first time I've seen someone claim the 2020 has the same), aluminum knuckle, 20% more displacement, and more. Have you been living under a rock? My only complaint is the lack of a PP, so I'll do my own brembo swap.

Looks are a moot point in discussions like this. So, yeah, the '22 is better in almost every measurable way...
SockMonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to SockMonkey For This Useful Post:
alphasaur (09-27-2021), CaptainFenderbaum (09-26-2021), Frost (10-01-2021), JesseG (09-30-2021), Pat (09-26-2021), Yoshoobaroo (09-26-2021), Zandermannnn (09-27-2021)