Old 09-20-2021, 01:38 PM   #490
daiheadjai

Drives: 2003 S2000, 2008 Fit
Thanked 1,154 Times in 688 Posts
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frost View Post
Coming from an AP2 S2000, I am happy to hear this. Sold the S2000 and going into a GR86 as soon as factory takes my order.

The S2000, like Matt Farah said, is becoming too precious to really race day in and day out. I was contemplating stocking entire front ends to keep her going but it was becoming impossibly expensive. Unless Honda re-starts all the manufacturing on all parts, that car has to be relegated to occasional track and show queen otherwise.

That is not my mantra for a fun car. Seat time above all else (for me).

Thanks for the in depth review.

The irony of this is that I'm coming full circle back to the 'twins'. When I bought my S2000, I cross shopped the BRZ and a Lotus Elise. The S2000 was the best overall.

Fast forward 7 years later, I'll be back in a 'twin'.

Kev
LOL. I just dropped off my AP1 for paint restoration, dent repair and paint protection film - my wife doesn't want me to sell it as it's "our" car, but I'd be lying if I said I didn't feel some paranoia driving that around - and the concern about getting replacement parts is real.
Really hoping to get into a GR86, especially once the little ones can climb in the back themselves....
daiheadjai is offline   Reply With Quote