Frost
CASC-OR T.A. Director

Drives: '13 Prius, '22 BRZ
Mentioned: 18 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dezoris View Post
Exactly, this car may not have the old school charm of s2000 or the Miata smile factor, it will exceed the S2000 and Miatas performance in almost every condition with the usual aftermarket bolt ons, and for far less money than the previous generation car. I'd buy one instantly if I was in the place to own a car like this again, it will make so many people happy.
Coming from an AP2 S2000, I am happy to hear this. Sold the S2000 and going into a GR86 as soon as factory takes my order.

The S2000, like Matt Farah said, is becoming too precious to really race day in and day out. I was contemplating stocking entire front ends to keep her going but it was becoming impossibly expensive. Unless Honda re-starts all the manufacturing on all parts, that car has to be relegated to occasional track and show queen otherwise.

That is not my mantra for a fun car. Seat time above all else (for me).

Thanks for the in depth review.

The irony of this is that I'm coming full circle back to the 'twins'. When I bought my S2000, I cross shopped the BRZ and a Lotus Elise. The S2000 was the best overall.

Fast forward 7 years later, I'll be back in a 'twin'.

Kev

OTA LIVE TIMING LINK
Frost is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Frost For This Useful Post:
alphasaur (09-21-2021), daiheadjai (09-20-2021), stilesg57 (09-20-2021), timurrrr (09-21-2021)