Frost
CASC-OR T.A. Director

Drives: '13 Prius, '22 BRZ
Mentioned: 18 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by trippinbillies40 View Post
I think you're making a lot of assumptions based on people that don't drive well. I've seen plenty of people drive loose cars into massive understeer. Also, you seem to contradict yourself. You say the GR86 is better for competition because of the oversteer, but then say you need to get an alignment to dial out some of the oversteer?
Well, there was more than one reviewer who outright said they weren't into the "dark arts of oversteer" and the roster of the journalists they brought seem to be far more tame in terms of describing the event.

You definitely can drive a loose car into understeer: just crank the steering suddenly and too much. No arguments there.

What my point is that Subaru seems to have gone the original BRZ vs FRS route and made the BRZ much less livelier with OEM equipment that I would otherwise have to change out.

Regardless of whether I buy a BRZ or GR86, I would do an alignment to maximize cornering speeds but if the BRZ limits my entry to understeer, I'll pick the GR86 for oversteer on entry and correct with contact patch management. If I buy a BRZ with that set up, I have to change the parts it came with (front and rear sway bar) which I get penalized for in Ontario Time Attack (as a modification).

GR86? Just the basic alignment which the BRZ would have gotten anyways.

Hope that clarifies that point.

OTA LIVE TIMING LINK
Frost is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Frost For This Useful Post:
DAEMANO (08-31-2021)