Old 08-19-2021, 05:45 PM   #235
timurrrr

Drives: 2022 GR86
Thanked 1,304 Times in 720 Posts
Mentioned: 30 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guff View Post
Edit: Taking a look through the Press Kit, which includes photos of the very cars we drove, I have found a few photos that may be revealing.
These photos show parts that should be only on a GR 86: iron knuckles, and rear-facing subframe-mounted ARB brackets.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guff View Post
To further confuse this idea, it is possible that the photos I am showing you are not indicative of the cars we were driving.

The photos I posted were specifically of the one stationary car they had on display. They specifically told us that this car was not close to production and was just there for static display imagery.

It's possible that this was a converted BRZ (or early 86 prototype) that they "borrowed" to have another display car, but the GR86s we were driving were full US production spec.

I didn't take note of the rear subframe discrepancy at the time, but the front aluminum knuckles did surprise me. Sadly, not enough for me to want to take a peek under one of the driving cars.

The vast majority of the stationary shots you see in reviews online are with this prototype vehicle.
Case closed?
And perhaps they shouldn't have put a mechanical BRZ there for everyone to take detailed pictures
timurrrr is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to timurrrr For This Useful Post:
alphasaur (08-20-2021), Yoshoobaroo (08-19-2021)