View Single Post
Old 07-17-2021, 10:04 PM   #2
KN0W
Member
 
KN0W's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2018
Drives: 2013 Scion FR-S 10
Location: Erie, CO
Posts: 29
Thanks: 8
Thanked 8 Times in 6 Posts
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Update

I decided since I could get the car to start by disconnecting the battery then plugging it back in that I would go get a drink.

probably 40mi there and back

I got back into my garage and was able to shut the car off and then it did actually crank and come back on.

My friend says his Audi will also give a steering angle sensor error till he drives it for a bit. so maybe thats what was happening here.

I guess now I need to re read a bunch of the HU install threads and see if anyone was able to do an OEM like wiring job to get Reverse sensor and Parking sensor wires from their origin to the Aftermarket HU and camera. I am rather surprised this worked since I was at it for about 4 hours. but this is good, now I can buy more fuses and a multimeter and experiment.


If anyone has any good ideas for where I can pull a reverse sense signal from to trigger rcam on and off that would be great. my aftermarket HU has a lot of the wiring but it assumes I had those OEM parts (the harness fits all model years from what I can tell because it also has steering wheel button support if I had that, and the reverse camera. )
KN0W is offline   Reply With Quote