View Single Post
Old 07-12-2021, 11:17 PM   #32
cueball89

Drives: 23 BRZ 15 Impreza
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by CatDaddysBBQ View Post
How was that spring swap process? I take it you like the new rate? Very interested.
It was an easy process. Lower the spring perches, remove the suspension from the car, take the top hat off and slide the new spring on. IIRC I needed a large deep socket for the front camber plates, it's a decent sized nut. Setting the ride height again was pretty easy. I lowered the perches by an appropriate amount for the increased spring rate and spring length compared to the old springs and my ride heights were pretty spot on.

The higher rate is great for autox. The car reacts quicker in transitions and rolls much less. I took a quick 20 mile ride with just the 7k rear springs installed. I did not notice much difference in NVH. When I put the front springs on I noticed a definite uptick in road noise in the cabin at low speeds which I thought was odd.

It's not a change I would make if the car was strictly street driven or only occasionally autoxed. The car is a fair amount stiffer on the street. The body roll and engagement while driving on back roads isn't there unless you're driving at ludicrous speeds. I still think it rides well for what it is, a 392 lb/in spring with solid front strut top mounts. The ride still isn't jarring, it is busier though. For the cost of springs it's worthwhile IMO if you're looking for something more focused.

Not exactly apples to apples pictures,
6k springs

7k springs

Last edited by cueball89; 07-13-2021 at 09:40 AM.
cueball89 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to cueball89 For This Useful Post:
CatDaddysBBQ (07-13-2021), jflogerzi (07-12-2021), Racecomp Engineering (07-13-2021)