View Single Post
Old 06-02-2021, 05:44 PM   #16
86league

Drives: '13 BRZ Limited
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by RayRay88 View Post
Sat in on the webinar too, seems like it will easily out last an RS4 with quite a bit more grip. RS4's heat cycle out before end of life, but from what i've heard from chump car/WRL drivers that the RS4's don't really last for an 8hr enduro. They also tend to overheat often and have trouble maintaining a consistent pace in the last half of their life, which the ECF seems to address.
Out last may depend on use scenario. He said he expected it to heat cycle out before end of life for HPDE use as well, so we don't know if it will take more cycles than a RS4 before you would want to replace it due to loss of performance. My RS4s are noticeably slower than they were when new, and they are not quite to the wear bars yet. The ECF sounds marginally quicker, but it should be for 30+% higher cost.

Maybe it's car/driver/setup specific, but I've not found the RS4s to be problematic with overheating unless you just overdrive them - but I've only done 20+ min sessions - not anything close to a long enduro session.

Looking forward to hearing some reviews from the end users. They do appear to be lightweight 23.2 lbs for a 245/40-17 vs about 25 for the RS4 IIRC.
86league is offline   Reply With Quote