View Single Post
Old 05-29-2021, 09:07 PM   #3
SamCon7
Junior Member
 
Join Date: May 2021
Drives: 2015 Scion FRS
Location: Bucks County
Posts: 2
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by DAEMANO View Post
Yep, the dealer will go through the RCA process (which can take a longish amount of time.) OCVs may be replaced, ECU might also need to be replaced to clear the trouble codes that need a ridiculously long time to clear from your stock ECU. If your tuner shop does the work, my advice would be to skip straight to changing the oil, checking and replacing the OCVs (where needed), checking the timing chain (if needed), and replacing the ECU. Order the parts in advance and knock it out in a day or two. Otherwise the process can draaaag.

I also did just replace the oil 2 weeks before I replaced the clutch. It was a little low when I replaced the oil as well fyi
SamCon7 is offline   Reply With Quote