View Single Post
Old 05-27-2021, 04:17 PM   #1
Esom777

Drives: 2013 Subaru BRZ
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Question Open Flash Flex Fuel Issues

Hey Everyone, I've searched and searched but haven't found a similar issue to what I'm facing. About a year and a half ago I set up an Open Flash flex fuel kit in my brz and purchased a custom OFT FF tune. It's been great up until the other day.

I was driving and my car started accelerating roughly anytime I got on the throttle over maybe 10-15%. I drove home nicely and plugged in the OFT to see if I could see anything. Turns out Ethanol percentage was showing at 11-12% (I had E70 in the car) and the fuel trims were insanely high (+40%). I then uploaded the e85 only OFT tune and just as expected, the fuel trims were perfect. This leads me to believe something is going on with the FF kit. It's not interpreting the correct E% and as a result, incorrectly adjusting the fuel.

I went over the connections and everything looked solid. Fuses were intact, ground was grounded and the signal wire was still connected to the ecu. I've emailed open flash and waiting on a response but curious if anyone here has any ideas of what could be going on? Also worth noting that I flashed back to the FF tune, and the E% with the same exact gas was showing 5.4 % now.. Seeing as the fuel trims are great and there are no knock events on the e85 tune, the gas isn't bad, right?
Esom777 is offline   Reply With Quote