View Single Post
Old 05-25-2021, 06:14 PM   #442
sachu

Drives: rocketship
Mentioned: 30 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by e1_griego View Post
@sachu -- saw you out at the Ridge today but when i walked to your car I didn't see you.

Perfect day out there, lots of fun, and I love the new pavement for sure!

I stopped by the SIlvia biefly but the owner and you were occupied in the 240 so i went back to my car

I am surprised that the Macan turbo was able to haul that silvia on the uhaul trailer? WOnder if he was running a brake controller in his?

I towed mine without the brake controller (actually thought my cayenne with the tow package already came with one.. guess fucking not!)

But yeah.. good times.. good fun.

The seattle 86er ANuj saved my saturday when he kindly helped me re-install my bumper properly end of day Friday. I was already running low on energy with the early morning drive and lack of sleep from thursday night.

WHen i put mine back before coming out for this track event, i didn't tuck the undertray inside the bumper.. so it basically ripped it off the part that covers the radiator with the cutouts for draining it).

FUnny thing is, they blackflagged me and i came in and the safety guy was like.. "someone said your splitter was scraping the tarmac, but you've got no splitter). YOu can see my "splitter" it in the pic from Friday. That should have been my clue but i guess i ran with it like an idiot all day Friday.

As for a trackday update:: managed to get down to consistently running 1:59s and a fastest lap of 1:58. Had one major spin at turn 6 in the carousel but caught it (after swinging sideways right left right left ) and stayed on track..wish I had caught that on video .the instructor who was riding with me was nice in the debrief about it..cold tires and getting greedy on the gas.

Entry into turn2 and the turn down from the back straight leading down the ridge complex are the main areas for improvement. Have atleast 2 seconds i can gain there.

Get uncomfortably close to rev limiter down the straight in 5th (130 mph indicated before braking). Also get uncomfortably close to rev limiter on the run up to turn 11 in 4th gear. COuld carry more speed in before braking for sure! Not to mention i absolutely suck at heel toeing.. so getting that down would help gain more time by being smooth and keeping car settled.

Also, alignment wise i am running a conservative -1.97deg camber up front and -1.6 in the rear.

Anuj who is NA(!!) and puts in blistering times of 1:54s said he's running -6 up front!

Added the AIM data showing the spin at Turn6. Steering angle shoots wildy up and down as i try to catch it!
Attached Images

Last edited by sachu; 05-25-2021 at 06:43 PM.
sachu is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to sachu For This Useful Post:
bcj (05-26-2021), NoHaveMSG (05-25-2021)