Tomm
Identifying as a Member

Drives: 2013 FRS LS1
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaf89f View Post
@Tomm

How was the install for the TK Style lip? All 3m tape, 3m and factory holes, or did you have to drill some new holes?

All hardware included? You'd think so, but I can't tell from the 86worx site.
It’s a combo of 3M tape, self-rappers and then ‘U’ bolt clips. All hardware came with it and the holes in the lip (3 pieces) are pre drilled. The tappers are all on the bottom of the bumper and then one (on each side) in the wheel well. Yea, 86worx didn’t say much, it was kind of a leap of faith but it was the only lip I liked.

The install was easy, just take your time on fitment, because you don’t want to drill the self tappers in, in multiple holes. It helps to have another set of hands hold it in place for the two outer sections. The inner section is a breeze. I’d mock everything up first because you need do some tweaking before you lock it in.
ACT Clutches - APEXi - Buddy Club - Carbing - DBA - Diode Dynamics - Fidanza - HKS - ICT Performance - Project Kics - RPM Transmissions - SEIBON - Sikky Manufacturing - SPC - Tick Performance - TK Style - VERUS - VOLK - Whiteline
Tomm is offline   Reply With Quote