Irace86.2.0

Drives: Q5 + BRZ + M796
Thanked 5,805 Times in 3,299 Posts
Mentioned: 70 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomm View Post
That's fair. Whats your power goal?
I’m still debating what I want to do. I may stay NA/E85 for a few years and then go turbo after nursing school, or I may go with a modest turbo build and then do a built motor and the works later. If I do a turbo now, I may stick with sub 400whp for now, so fairly modest goals. The K24 can handle 450whp with stock internals, but I don’t want to be near that for now. Part of that is for reliability with the motor and part of it is for reliability with the tranny, and so I can keep the current clutch. 8k 350-400whp is plenty for now, and it approximates what I had before.

I’m debating on what I should do for a turbo. I would want lower turbo lag, and I don’t want the boost threshold to be too high in the powerband, but I would also prefer something that is large enough that it pulls all the way to redline and doesn’t fall off. The GTX3071R seems to pop up a lot in my searches, but I don’t know about all the differences in the GTX series. Seems like there is a lot of overlap because a given turbo can have different ar housings and internals, and it just makes choosing a “perfect” difficult—options overload.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Overchoice