View Single Post
Old 05-08-2021, 04:24 AM   #37
Dirty Harry
Senior Member
 
Dirty Harry's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2019
Drives: 2013 BRZ Satin White Pearl
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Posts: 649
Thanks: 599
Thanked 681 Times in 337 Posts
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by nikitopo View Post
Well, I would like to be honest. It is not always a fault of the vendors. If people are cheap and they don't buy, then we should not always blame STI or TRD. For example, one year ago STI designed a titanium muffler. It was build in limited pieces, because it was hand made. How many did they buy it? A very limited number when they saw the actual price! STI thought that the interest would be high enough and they were saying at first to make a lottery. At the end the muffler didn't sell and they had to make it available to the public. People attracted by Subaru or Toyota are not willing to pay for a high quality part comparing to people attracted by other brands (e.g. Porsche). I had in many cases a personal experience too, where I would sell a high quality or low used part. People would message me to ask the price and then they would just look around in ebay to find a cheap or highly used and beaten up part. Unfortunately, it is what it is and I don't see changing in near future.
I didn’t even know this part existed, I have the normal (non-titanium) STI muffler, I thought it was expensive. Just checked Japanparts $5352 AU, ouch! Does look cool though.

https://www.japanparts.com/parts/detail/60803
Dirty Harry is offline   Reply With Quote