Old 05-04-2021, 07:09 PM   #139
Irace86.2.0

Drives: Q5 + BRZ + M796
Thanked 5,805 Times in 3,299 Posts
Mentioned: 70 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by jflogerzi View Post
Thanks for sharing the pictures? Thought about selling it as a rolling chassis and move on to another platform?

Sent from my GM1915 using Tapatalk
I thought about it, but there are many reasons why that would be a bad idea for me. One, I need a car, and my interests are limited. I like the gen 1 86 but I would be interested in the gen 2 motor. The other car is a used 911 or Cayman, but I’m not ready for something older or more expensive. I’d look at used Lotuses, but there are practically none, so they are overpriced. I’d take a used Jannarelly, but they don’t exist. A used Miata RF would be a strong contender, but a new car will just lead me down the mod route even more. The second reason is this car is developed enough that once the engine is installed, I’ll be content enough to get me through nursing school without thinking about the mods. Third, I’ve pit so much into the car that I’ll take too much of a loss on the sale. Fourth, the car gets used, so it isn’t pristine enough, which means most would rather buy something cleaner than pay for a used car with tasteful mods. Fifth, the car is paid off, so I would rather not have to sell and then buy and then mod and then be paying more in the long run. Finally, I have some attachment to this car. It is my car that has been really good to me, so I’m not ready to break up.
Code Monkey (05-05-2021), jflogerzi (05-04-2021), PulsarBeeerz (05-05-2021)