steve99
Banned

Drives: FT86
Thanked 4,987 Times in 2,981 Posts
Mentioned: 598 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1Saucyyy_brz View Post
Lots of typos here so its a bit hard to understand, but i am running a mechanical boost controller. The boost controller shouldnt have any interference with the fueling. At one point we tried installing an electronic boost controller and for some reason we couldnt get it to respond, so we ditched it and went to mechanical and it has been controlling the boost just fine.

Your reasoning for the fuel rail pressure fluctuating makes sense, but heres my other question: Why is it that the fuel pump duty (measured in a percentage on my ecutek dongle) would randomly jump from 55% to 78% just while cruising down the highway, with very little throttle change.

Ill have to take a look at the MAS sensor, maybe there is a small leak somewhere around it causing the car to demand more fuel, or maybe even a leak on the couplers that are close to it. Ill take a look, thanks for the input.

yeah the fuel pump duty cycle is just calculated from load rpm and i think injector pulse width, so if the port to direct ratio changes so can fuel pump duty cycle. Load can change a lot with very little throttle movement its not true engine load its calculated load by ecu based on air flow and rpm
steve99 is offline   Reply With Quote