View Single Post
Old 04-21-2021, 09:58 AM   #59
ILLSMOQ

Drives: 2017 WR BLUE BRZ
Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by kask2_6.0 View Post
Got it on the dyno this weekend for tuning and it went surprisingly smoothly. You always run into something unexpected with a new build but I only had a couple of minor issues. The throttle body was occasionally going into limp mode due to a mismatch of throttle command an throttle position. The throttle position sensor in the throttle body is the issue. I’m thinking the throttle body I bought on eBay is actually a counterfeit so I ordered a new one. That should hopefully solve the issue. ]
Check your throttle travel/calibration

I ran into throttle issues in the beginning as well with my motec build. I discovered as I went to WOT, if I pushed the pedal harder, the floor board (where the throttle stop is) would flex allowing the throttle to pass 100% which resulted in a throttle fault. I recalibrated the throttle swing, pushing the pedal really hard at true 100% and modified the calibration so that the last 10% of pedal travel equaled 100% to the M130. If I floor it lightly I see 100% and if I try to put my foot through the floor I don’t go past 100%

Something for you to check before changing parts.
ILLSMOQ is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ILLSMOQ For This Useful Post:
Corley (05-15-2021), DustinS (04-24-2021)