Purchased a brand new 2017 Toyota 86 in
March 2018. I had the dealer install PPF on the front end, third party installer polished the entire car in the process.
On the left my SX4 which I was happy to trade in. Got rid of it before It needed 1-2k maintenance.
Had the dealer do some PDR work as the car has small dings from sitting on the lot.
My first 10,000km went quick. I did my first oil change and booked my first track session at calabogie raceway in
August 2018.
Bone stock the car handled track abuse better than I expected. The factory pads didn't like the 30 minute session but I learned a lot and realized I wanted to do this more.
A few months passed and I needed to start prepping the car for winter. I found a set of 16" speedline wheels and mounted Pirelli winter tires. I got stuck on a slushy drive home and realized how terrible and terrifying the stock primacy tires are in less favorable conditions.
Made it about 8 months before I needed to make a change. Added a Corsa catback.
Some obligatory winter photos
Spring 2019 I picked up a set of 17x8 Atech finalmind GR wheels from a JDM importer. Mounted with Michelin pilot sport 4S tires.
September 2019 I gave the car a cosmetic one over and ceramic coated it while on vacation.
Admittedly I am a detail freak, and I'm sure my neighbors think I am crazy.
I did a full decontaminaton wash, which consists of clay'ing the paint, and using chemical iron removers. Iron-X smells absolutely terrible if anybody has used it, it's rancid.
Final prep with a polisher and about 6 hours work start to finish the coating was done. I am pleased with the results.
October 2019 was our annual local 86 meet.
We donate to the local food bank as a gesture and pick a route, meet for lunch and then find some twisty roads in the area to enjoy.
Our rendezvous spot to get everyone together. I was part of a separate group who came from a different part of town. Three people got pulled over within two minutes of leaving for allegedly speeding. A good start to the day!
Hard to tell here but we totalled 21 cars.
We drove just over an hour to a lunch spot picked out for us. Somebody knew the owners who graciously hosted us without cost. Most of us donated regardless for the gesture.
Loved the sign. We handed out some door prizes and got ready to set off on our route.
There was a last minute change to the route we were set to drive on. We made our way to a cider craft brewery which had decent roads along the way.
BUSL was the name of the brewery.
We made a small pit stop on route to a photo spot. To nobody's surprise it is difficult to keep 20 cars together when directions get fuzzy.
We made it to the photo spot, a members family owned the quarry and thought it would be a suitable place!