View Single Post
Old 04-19-2021, 01:03 PM   #4
Jaden
Road-hole

Drives: 2013 Whiteout FR-S
Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
It depends...

Yes... there is, but it greatly depends on what type of driving you're wanting to do. If you want to 1/8 or 1/4 it, it can probably be done. If you want to track it/road course, no, it can't.

If you want to daily it, if you smoke a lot of crack you can pretend it has 900 hp.

To get twin charged 900 hp out of the fa20, you would need a stand alone ECU, you would need to sleeve and closed deck the block. Probably stroke it. lower the compression and raise the boost to the moon. You aren't getting any where close to that goal on pump gas. If you have true e85, you might be able to.

More like 116 race gas. How are you wanting to twin charge it? compound turbos? turbo into roots? centri into turbo? Centri into pos. disp. blower?

Whatever it would be, you would need a primary charge system capable of the total hp goal's worth of air AT the boost it will run at individually...

You would need a secondary capable of flowing enough air at the multiplier of the first to support that much air.

Either way, unless you are one hell of a fabber and engine builder, you'd be looking at a minimum of 25-30K with no guarantees it will last more than a pass or two.

Oh and don't forget about needing a drivetrain that can handle 900 hp. You can probably do it with a built TH400 and a ford 8.8 rear end, which there are adapters available for our cars for.

Neither of the stock trans can handle that much power no matter what you do to them.

Jaden

p.s. I assumed you were serious; however, I seriously doubt you are. 650-700 whp would be a closer to attainable goal...Even though I doubted you were truly serious, I didn't want to be a prick or an asshole and make stupid comments.
Jaden is offline   Reply With Quote