Old 03-25-2021, 02:21 PM   #16
FR-S2GT86
Master Collaborator

Drives: Was '15 FR-S, 6MT, Now '15 GT86
Mentioned: 20 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by KR-S View Post
Because they don't have an inline 6 that is currently in production. And why would you want them to yank a 471 hp V8 out of their cars?
Last I heard, Toyota was working with Mazda on a new design for an inline 6 coming out. But for now, they can borrow one from another company like manufacturers do all the time. Toyota COULD HAVE worked with BMW and taken the 3.0 I-6 that is now in the MkV Supra, and instead placed it in the LC chassis and sold THAT as the Supra. They would have probably been better off making this deal anyways as you get the best of both worlds - a highly refined and reliable chassis in the Lexus, and a highly refined and reliable engine in the BMW I-6.

Why yank the V-8? To further lighten it up after they remove all the other unnecessary weight and so they can sell it at a cheaper cost to the public in order to sell more of them.

If they've already got a V-8 in their Lexus brand car, why wouldn't you just purchase a Lexus? Because I can't afford one for starters, but the main reason is that none of them have a manual transmission available. If I'm forking over $65,000 for a used sports coupe (or $110,000 for a new one) that car better have a manual transmission. If BMW can offer a manual trans in their sporty cars, so can Lexus and Toyota.

Besides, wouldn't this car look better dressed up as a Supra instead of BMW's version?

Name:  Screenshot_20210325-141601~2.jpg
Views: 609
Size:  301.9 KB
Count to muffens and call again.
I’m 40. So....... say hi to your sisters or daughters.
FR-S2GT86 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to FR-S2GT86 For This Useful Post:
JesseG (03-31-2021)