View Single Post
Old 03-09-2021, 11:43 PM   #9
thin2win

Drives: 16 FRS
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Had my first race weekend with the new build.

WOW...that's alot of torque.
I'm coming from a JRSC stock engine making around 200ftlbs to this monster at 400.

Photos show initial full power tune and detune to meet ST3 class at 2800lb min weight.

Tested Friday and had issues with complete electrical power loss causing the ABS to shut off and all wheels to lockup. Re-wired some things and went out, 7 great laps and failed again...

Realized that if I broke earlier and didn't trail brake as I want, the power would stay on and I could race. It's not easy to hold back.

Saturday I won TT3 with 10 entries but .7 off the record.
I got 2nd in the ST3 race but DQd by punting a ST2 car off, I'll post the youtube link.

Saturday night I was stupid and decided to load my car on the trailer (after a pit party and too much whiskey) forgot to use the race ramps and broke my front splitter mount. quick fix that night and we'll see how Sunday goes.

TT session 1...splitter is dragging the ground...2 seconds off Sat pace
TT session 2....Two tenths off the record, let's go get it...power failure, lockup, DQd
TT session 3...tires are gone...spun off...DQd
finished 3rd, would have won Sun from session 2 if I had just pitted
Raced in ST2 and got 2nd.

Overall, it was a shakedown weekend and the car is solid.
I believe the electrical issue has been discovered, loose connection to a kill switch.

I've always used 245/40-17 R7 in ST/TT4 but this power needs more tire. I'll be running 275/35-18 at the next race. Eagles Canyon in April.
Attached Images

GridLife Touring Cup #184
Gram: @ericj184
thin2win is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to thin2win For This Useful Post:
beltax90 (03-10-2021), Dzmitry (03-18-2021), Lonewolf (03-10-2021)