View Single Post
Old 03-01-2021, 02:14 PM   #4
HKz
Reformed

Drives: '23 GRC, '11 Prius, '04 RAV4
Thanked 1,134 Times in 588 Posts
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
sounds like you're a bit young/inexperienced (or china comment lol...all scion were MIJ)/just starting to make money...most of us have been there. You need to decide what is most important to you.

Hopefully you're looking at the twins for the right reason as you already mentioned how you think brand new car pulls slower.. the tC has a larger displacement engine and slightly more torque so with the twins you're supposed to drive over 5 K RPMs if you want to properly enjoy the power...still, both the tC and twins have quite low power so maybe you should open your horizons up a little so you can experience real torque from american muscle (or even Civic Si/Sport & GTI/GLI) before you decide on a twin.

If you get a 2020 86/BRZ only to keep it for a short while and trade it in on a 2nd gen 86/BRZ, you're just throwing money out. Cool if you really don't care and have nothing else to spend it on. But considering how little ya drive doesn't really sound like the best thing to grab another car now unless again you have nothing else to spend/save for. Much cheaper not to get insurance/registration/whatever else and do ride sharing stuff.

If I was in your shoes, I would save money and wait until 2nd gen. I doubt 2nd gen twin will be "much faster" or really better in any way, should just be an incrementally upgraded car but either way it should lower 1st gen prices especially for any leftover ones the dealer might have when the 2nd gen comes out and there's going to be plenty of used 1st gen twins. And yep as mentioned learn proper maintenance especially if you get a twin, they make it so easy to do oil changes and for the user to properly check all their fluids..

Last edited by HKz; 03-01-2021 at 02:24 PM.
HKz is offline   Reply With Quote