soundman98
ProCrastinationConsultant

Drives: '14 Ranger, '18 Tacoma 4Dr LB
Thanked 13,673 Times in 6,781 Posts
Mentioned: 98 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by therealstoly View Post
Ordered some TRD door stabilizers today. I'll admit, given everything I read in every thread ever posted about them, I vacillated a bit... in the end there were just enough people that don't have them telling the people that do have them how worthless they are to make the decision easy for me.
i can see both sides. seems the people that have them say they notice a difference closing the doors, it seems more solid. but then people that sound dampen the doors say the same thing.

personally, i'm just not so sure about creating a pinch point on a 'active' surface that is the only way i get in/out of the car. theoretically, the door sill, a, b, and c pillars should maintain that rigidity, so i'm not entirely sure how compressing a few pieces of thin sheet metal really help anything but the butt dyno.

i've spent a lot of time staring at them at least. they're an interesting aftermarket component, but i do find it the most odd that only toyota's performance division sells them. i always get hung up on the fact that plenty of other companies, not to mention all of alibaba are money whores, and none of them offer what is a very simple piece that could be sold at half the trd namesake cost...

Quote:
Originally Posted by spike021 View Post
One of the managers I've reached out to about an internal transfer replied to my email. The req for his team (group I guess since he's a manager of managers of a few teams) is still open and he's happy to do a 30 min informational meeting with me. Just scheduled it for Friday morning.

The listing is super vague so I'm not really 100% sure what org/group in my company it's for, but the description talks about autonomous vehicle stuff.

So it could be interesting.

Honestly though really just hoping for a better team culture fit. I know that's not important to _everyone_ but it's really difficult to work with people who are too individualistic when the work is meant to affect the whole team.

Anyway I'll step away from the podium. :P
i know the feeling. this has been the conversation with new co-workers the last year:

"ok, we pulled the yellow, black, and white wires into that light box you're at. connect the yellow and white wires to this light fixture [hands them the light fixture] that will mount to that box, and the black wire will get tucked into the box."

first question immediately after i finish saying all of that:
"but, then what do i do with the yellow wire?"

this morning, i held a mini-seminar on how to strap a ladder to the ladder rack of the work van specifically so that it would not end up in traffic on the highway.

before i left the jobsite tonight, i had them strap the ladders up.
it was like the morning never happened. they looked shocked when i reached up, and pulled the 'strapped' ladder off the rack and re-explained how that's not supposed to happen unless they want to talk to highway patrol.
NoHaveMSG (01-14-2021), Spuds (01-14-2021), therealstoly (01-14-2021), Ultramaroon (01-14-2021)