Old 01-13-2021, 09:01 PM   #612
TommyW

Drives: '13 Whiteout
Thanked 1,242 Times in 673 Posts
Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by spike021 View Post
I'd say about 8/10 times I've eaten out or ordered food to go since this whole thing started I've been going to many random small stores/businesses/restaurants.

There are also smaller markets that aren't big names like Safeway, Costco, Target that sell toilet paper, paper towels, and other essentials. Those are all still open (though many people don't think to go to them!).

Now, while saying that, I will agree there are just as many (hell, even a lot more) that are completely unsupported and have had to close. But let's not ignore that there are a large amount of small businesses that simply do not get the support they need due to most people preferring large, more well-known businesses.

As far as your comment about airports, I haven't flown anywhere since last February, which was prior to the pandemic situation really becoming a problem.

I've wanted to visit my siblings in LA and Chicago, but have chosen not to take flights to do so.

So the airlines care more about their finances and cramming customers in. It's definitely wrong. Though, while I will admit I'm rather uneducated on the subject, the air filtration systems are supposedly quite good. Though personally I'd still say they should be continuing flights with a lower capacity. But that's not up to me.

What exactly is interesting about this?
Thank you for answering.

The filtration systems jus keep recirculating air.
I’m looking forward to hearing others responses to these questions.