Ultramaroon
chicken tonight

Drives: a 13 e8h frs
Thanked 36,589 Times in 18,966 Posts
Mentioned: 1108 Post(s)
Tagged: 9 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by funwheeldrive View Post
What I'm suggesting is the "risk" is not nearly as high as some people would like the population to believe.
I don't know what you mean by "some people." Can you identify these people? Can you define your interpretation of the risk specifically? Can it be quantified?

Quote:
The amount of fear mongering in relation to this virus is completely off the charts when you review all the data available.
Me? I'm pretty confident that I've reviewed more of the available data than the average person would. The data I've reviewed only strengthens my resolve to do all that I personally can to keep myself from potentially infecting anyone.

Quote:
I guess for some people it's easy to pat themselves on the back and pretend that all of these mandates and restrictions are absolutely necessary, but in reality that's not the case.
Who are these people patting themselves on the back? I would love to see us all do what we can to help each other without any mandates. Even Sweden has finally given in to the unpleasant interpretation of the data. I wish it was different but regardless, as our knowledge evolves, so does my behavior, not begrudgingly, but with a willingness to follow the spirit of the exercise to the best of my personal ability.

Quote:
This is apparent when people like Gavin Newsom decide to spend tens of thousands of dollars on a dinner indoors with people not wearing masks and not a part of his family while working class citizens are struggling just to survive.
What does this mean? What is apparent?

Quote:
To be honest I'm astounded that people can be so in favor of these restrictions when places like California are currently having their highest spikes in both cases and deaths despite having some of the strictest mandates in the country.
I don't understand this either.

Quote:
But hey, if you agree with limiting free speech, making vaccines mandatory for everyone, and giving the government the ultimate say in what's allowed and not allowed on even the smallest level then you are free to that opinion just like I'm free to my own (for now)
I appreciate the freedom for us to express our opinions but I have expressed none of those. I'm happy to discuss my opinions on any subject you like.