View Single Post
Old 01-09-2021, 07:00 AM   #6
Bonburner
6/22/12-2/6/24

Drives: 2013 Scion FR-S M/T Argento
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Garage
If you've only got $5k don't fiddle with FI. Have a bank expecting the transmission or engine to blow if you're going to play with FI.

Toss in a reusable performance filter, get an Open Flash Tablet or EcuTek, toss on better tires (if you haven't already), toss on better brake pads, and do your maintenance (engine oil, transmission oil, LSD oil, brake fluids, coolants).

If you're adament about burning the money, toss in a header and exhaust - which will go really well with tunes.

Toss money into coilovers/cosmetics as you see fit.

I strongly recommend upgrading the headlights - I'd argue the halogen bulbs are actually dangerous because they don't show you far enough down the road, nor wide enough.

I actually strongly recommend getting thermal resistant tints on your car. Helps retain heat in the car on cold days, and keeps heat out on hot days - not to mention our AC is crap.
I'm seriously debating getting the 70% thermal tints for the front windshield - it's almost not possible to notice it without taking an extremely close look at it, and even then others won't know unless you told them. This should also help protect the dash years down the road.

I also think getting the Forester/WRX oil cooler is a good mod for NA set up.

I've also found replacing the reverse tail light with high lux LED's to be very helpful. I can see when I put my car into reverse through my 5% rear window tint.

I installed a backup camera with my Seicane headunit as well, loving it.