Old 01-04-2021, 03:16 PM   #10
FR-S2GT86
Master Collaborator

Drives: Was '15 FR-S, 6MT, Now '15 GT86
Mentioned: 20 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnowow View Post
Hey brotha, I appreciate the insight! Will I fear I may have also bent the arm, I have ran across another owner on YT that had the same fuel level problem and his was due to a faulty seal from the O-Rings on his own DW65C, so when he replaced it with an OEM unit the problem went away and gauge rises and dropped as normal so it makes me believe the arm should (hopefully) be fine but I will inspect further.

And to answer your questions, yes I did install it myself and when I did, answers across the board at the time were very inconsistent with using a spacer or not so upon my own installation I believe I did use the lube but I ended up using a spacer and 2 O-Rings. Now after doing some research and reviewing with owners that have installed it as of recent months, I’ve found that a lot have been having success with just using the 3 supplied O-Rings! So once my pump comes in I’ll be going that route and will liberally use the lube and update further.

Thanks brotha

No problem. I used the spacer and one O-ring with the lubricant, and was very careful during the install to not bend or jostle the float or sending unit too much as that sending unit seemed pretty flimsy to me. I have had none of the issues that you are describing and it's been about 3 months.

Of course I don't get to drive mine too much and have only had to fill up once since the new pump was installed.

Am curious as to what the final verdict will be after you replace your pump. Keep us posted.
Count to muffens and call again.
I’m 40. So....... say hi to your sisters or daughters.
FR-S2GT86 is offline   Reply With Quote