View Single Post
Old 01-01-2021, 12:24 AM   #1967
Gutterboy

Drives: 2013 frs; 1988 porsche 944s - > 948
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
definitely a dream to work on

indeed the fuel in the fridge with a 20L and a 30L keg definitely helps. but also would be quite a bear to get the transmission out without a 4 post lift.

also no matter all the tips the DIY says on changing your clutch. absolutely unavoidable to not remove the shift carrier to get enough lift room to get transmission level to pull off of the bottom stud bolts from the block.

so i found i had to remove console and shifter from above to do this. but since i have had to remove that like 3 times for running wires for my subwoofer for the factory pioneer deck that took me literally no time at all out of practice lol.

here's some progress pics.

just read on another thread that you should NOT turn down the FA20 stock flywheel. good thing the machine shop is taking their time with it being holidays as i can yank it back. Honestly was very close to not sending it at all cause the mating surface is completely smooth as if it had never seen a clutch. weird. guess the original owner of my car really did baby it in its NA form. then i mutated it mwahahahaha; whoops its not halloween lol

Happy New Year all.

Attached Images

Gutterboy is offline   Reply With Quote