View Single Post
Old 12-30-2020, 12:22 PM   #14
TECHN9CIAN805
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2016
Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS, 2022 BRZ next
Location: CA
Posts: 1
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by D20Z View Post
I no longer fear first year models. I had a first year M235i in Germany. Owned 4 years in Germany. No issues at all. I would own the new BRZ and drive with a smile on. A warranty covers the issues well in to the 2nd year and 3 year of production. An extension of the normal warranty is not a bad idea with a first year machine. A good thorough test should be executed before purchase.
I no longer fear first year models either, but contrary to you, because I already went thru the first year BS with my current Camaro that I intend to get rid of for the new BRZ, and I know I can handle it, as long as you keep your warranty, don't sweat the first year model's potential problems. I wanted to wait, hell, I wanted to actually just get a 2020 until I recently found out of the 2022... I want to wait a year, but TBH I would rather start having my fun now, and if something goes bad early on, let warranty fix it, and go back to having fun, instead of waiting a whole extra year wishing I hadn't waited lol
TECHN9CIAN805 is offline   Reply With Quote