View Single Post
Old 12-28-2020, 11:12 PM   #46
zeroomega

Drives: Supra MKV, FR-S
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Racenut View Post
Finally got a chance to get the coilovers installed. My initial impression is I'm very pleased. Have not had a chance to play with different damping settings, currently on 8 clicks up from soft and it feels good. My test road is a lumpy lil bastard and where the stock struts would get unsettled, these are much more composed. They are also no noisier than stock other than really sharp big bumps you can hear that there's less rubber cushion. But they soak it up without getting upset.

My son is also pleased with the results and he's got a better feel for it than I do. This is still a new car to me. I've been driving a Jeep for the last 6 years. He drives a track toy Miata.

Only have a few miles on them so not sure how much settling might happen with the springs, but out of the box, it was about a 1" drop and have settled another 1/8" inch so far. Need to take it in for an alignment and may have it corner weighted since a friend of my son's has the scales.

Headed to Laguna Seca on Jan 10th, guess we'll see how it goes
My Club Spec Pro version is slightly different than yours. I am interested if we can have a chance to do a side by side comparison when the pandemic is over.
Attached Images

zeroomega is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to zeroomega For This Useful Post:
solidONE (12-28-2020)