View Single Post
Old 11-19-2020, 09:02 AM   #7
Tcoat
Senior Member
 
Tcoat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Drives: 2020 Hakone
Location: London, Ont
Posts: 69,838
Thanks: 61,656
Thanked 108,295 Times in 46,456 Posts
Mentioned: 2499 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dadhawk View Post
The Maverick was a great compact car in its day, at least in my opinion. Particularly in the 2-door Grabber trim with some HP under the hood.
They started making the Maverick in 1969 when my father worked at the Ford plant. I was 10 years old and they had the kids Christmas party at the plant so we got a tour and each was given a model of a Maverick. Mine was the orange just like that picture. Wasn't a Grabber though. Both my sisters got gold ones. I still have them packed away someplace.
I owned a base 4 door for a bit and drove a Grabber a few times. believe me they were not the same car no matter what the badges said!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dadhawk View Post
I definitely like the idea of it, and I'm with you, I might actually buy one, but the use of the Maverick name is just wrong.

Maybe they should call it the Shetland and put it in the Mustang lineup.

Change the F150 to Clydesdale!
__________________
Racecar spelled backwards is Racecar, because Racecar.
Tcoat is offline   Reply With Quote