View Single Post
Old 11-15-2020, 11:35 AM   #2
DarkPira7e
Rust bucket enthusiast

Drives: 2013 Turbo Firestorm FRS
Thanked 4,098 Times in 2,048 Posts
Mentioned: 31 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Not to be a real downer, but I had this for a few days before my car spun a bearing. I drove the car gingerly until the one time I didn't. My first hard pull over 5kRPM sealed the deal after the dealership had rebuilt my engine (recall woes). They rebuilt it again, same issue within 80 miles.

The car should not be assembled in a way that prevents you from driving it within normal operating parameters. Wait for it to be warm, give it hell and see how it does. Don't settle for the car not being fun to drive; that defeats the purpose. I emplore you to push the car once warmed up and make sure it doesn't lose its shit. Better to have it blow right after a rebuilt than a year later. The more time passes, the more likely they are to say it's not related to the work they've done.

It's highly likely that this is nothing and you're being paranoid. It's also likely that if there is something wrong, it has nothing to do with what they've done. There's no way to know for sure- the only thing you can know for certain, is that the moment you're afraid to drive your car, something needs to change.

Push the car to its limit and find new peace, or find out that there's more work to be done. Don't settle, don't give up, and don't stop loving your car.
DarkPira7e is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to DarkPira7e For This Useful Post:
gravitylover (11-17-2020)