Because compromise ®

Drives: Red Herring
Thanked 9,383 Times in 4,137 Posts
Mentioned: 60 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChazzDiss View Post
Hmm, a 6/10 huh?
As I said, I don't think it's bad, it just doesn't bring anything new to the gaming experience except for its shiny visuals. Part of Ubisoft's sale pitch was "play as anyone". While this maybe true I only used about 4 characters for my play through. I'm guessing it took me no more than 1/2 an hour to see all the game had to offer. While the underlying theme was quite realistic/scary (the privatization and military-ization of the police force, the loss of human rights) the game play was quite shallow. Having said that I liked the shallowness/easiness of the game.

I'm still jumping in for an hour or so a day to finish off some quests and explore but I'm finding Chernobylite much more interesting. The representation of the Chernobyl Exclusion Zone is stunning. The game's map was developed from 3D scans and recreations of the Chernobyl Exclusion Zone in Ukraine. Screenshots forthcoming.

My biggest dislike about the game is it is not open world. One picks a task for the day, leave the base and then load into the map you are going to explore. The maps are decent size but far from "open". Finish (or fail) that day's quest then load back to base. (Those are game days, not real days.)

Captain Snooze is offline   Reply With Quote