Dadhawk
1st86 Driver!

Drives: '13 FR-S (#3 of 1st 86)
Thanked 25,091 Times in 11,446 Posts
Mentioned: 182 Post(s)
Tagged: 4 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by anodic View Post
It's the typical sob story of the 16-26 year old male, who believes the world is out to get him, it's just that this time it's an older fellow who admitted to driving aggressively, breaking a couple of laws, and then talking back when it came time to pay the piper.
Yea, I have to tell a counter story.

My middle son was passing through a small town near us that has a 3 way stop. He has driven this route at least twice a week since he went to college 6 years ago, and still does it because he participates in a community band at the school.

On his way home last week, it was late and no one else on the road. Not really thinking, he made the right turn at the 3-way stop, basically rolling through the stop sign. Well, rolling through is being generous, he basically just treated it like a normal right turn.

Now the 3-way stop is AT the police station. He got pulled over and ticketed. When he got home he said "Well, got a ticket for not obeying a stop sign, I need to go ahead and pay the stupid tax on that one", as he goes to go online to pay it. He never said it was the Cop's fault, or said it was unfair. He realized he screwed up and paid the fine, the first ticket he's ever gotten after 8 years of driving.

Yep, I'm proud of him.

Now had he really not done it, or it was questionable, then we would have had a discussion about at least going to court, but in the end he did the crime and paid the time.

Visit my Owner's Journal where I wax philosophic on all things FR-S
Post your 86 or see others in front of a(n) (in)famous landmark.
What fits in your 86? Show us the "Junk In Your Trunk".
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Dadhawk For This Useful Post:
Frost (10-15-2020), Jordanwolf (10-15-2020), Ohio Enthusiast (10-15-2020), wparsons (10-18-2020)