HKz
Reformed

Drives: '23 GRC, '11 Prius, '04 RAV4
Thanked 1,134 Times in 588 Posts
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by WildCard600 View Post
The auto i'll concede, but my 2020 doesn't have any dual climate thingy jiggers. The fatty eight six auto gt is 2835. Still 300+ lbs difference.

From my perspective by the time OP gets hit with the depreciated value of a 2017 car to buy a $40,000 supra 2.0 to get hit AGAIN with unknown instant depreciation driving it off the lot, better be a much bigger upgrade than 50 hp and 140 ft lbs.
OK, well by the looks of it, it appears OP's 86 has the GT trim, so it would have those things like the dual hvac, plus more leather, the wing, etc...plus the supercharger equipment, wider wheels & tires..and still gonna be probably slower than the 2.0 Supra.

Considering the money and time to upgrade the twins (and extra money in case the FA20 goes kaput) it seems much smarter to just trade in the 86 for the Supra which has a warranty. Sure, there is depreciation but Toyota ain't selling many of these, probably could get a great deal off the lot and resale prices could stay relatively high for being uncommon.
HKz is offline   Reply With Quote