Old 08-30-2020, 04:42 PM   #287
AnalogMan

Drives: 2019 BRZ Limited 6 speed Red
Thanked 1,012 Times in 338 Posts
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by vh_supra26 View Post

To my admittedly old-school old-guy eyes, I think the new car looks good. But not as good as the current car. I love the front fender bulges of the current car, and the generally more flowing, curvaceous styling. It reminds me of the Opel GTs I used to own back in the 80's. The view from the driver's seat is also similar to the Opel GT, seeing the tops of the front fender bulges (also similar to the <gulp> Porsche Cayman).

To me the latest renderings and camouflaged pics of the new GR86 look like a more 'grown up' car, keeping with the pattern many manufacturers seem to follow for revising models - a little more elegant and refined, but also a little less distinctive. If the GR86 actually comes with a turbo motor (which is less likely than finding an honest politician in Washington these days) I'd go for it. But if it's only a modest bump in torque and inconsequential hp increase, I think I'll stick with the prettier to my eyes current car (which is the easiest option, since it's already in my garage).
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to AnalogMan For This Useful Post:
Audio (09-24-2020), Dadhawk (08-30-2020), Rampage (08-31-2020), Spuds (08-31-2020)