1st86 Driver!

Drives: '13 FR-S (#3 of 1st 86)
Thanked 24,999 Times in 11,400 Posts
Mentioned: 182 Post(s)
Tagged: 4 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Snooze View Post
*sigh* No hang gliders
It would seem to be an incredible piece of work. Pity as I'm only a little bit tempted.

Is it playable via keyboard and mouse?
Yea, I was surprised by that too, there had been one previously. I'm sure you will be able to get one at some point, if not from MS than a 3rd party. There's huge 3rd party support for these games.

It's very playable with mouse and keyboard, once you get used to it, but that's always been the case with MSFS. It's easy to forget that, like a real airplane, you don't have to constantly put in input to get a plane to turn, and that you have to correct back, not just go to center to straighten so you'll over correct.

I flew it last night for about an hour with just keyboard and mouse. I do find it easier to do in 3rd person thought (outside the plane) then in the cockpit.

The "flight lessons" will help with that.

Another screenshot. This is over the hospital where I work. What's interesting is that the "landscape" is a composite. The right side is accurate, including the "Y" in the back of the hospital.

On the left side, the architecture is a combination of about 6 months ago and 18 months ago. 6 months ago the construction area, and the large building just under the left wingtip were exactly at this stage. Even the curbs (white lines) in the dirt are accurate. Continuing on a direct line off the wings you'll see a 3 story building in front of the tree line. That is where I'm sitting right now typing this.

The long building running North/South just right of that building was torn down over 18 months ago, and the building in front of it about 8 months ago.
There is a large retention pond there now.

The short building directly in front of the left wing at the road has been torn down for 24 months. It was torn down before the building underneath the left wing was started and the large construction area existed.

The lake in the left background and the large buildings in front of it are the Southwire manufacturing plants. If you live in the US, there is a good chance that some or all of your home wiring came from those plants.

Everything is in the approximate right place for when it was there, it's just they didn't all exist at once. Multiple data sources I guess.
Attached Images

Visit my Owner's Journal where I wax philosophic on all things FR-S
Post your 86 or see others in front of a(n) (in)famous landmark.
What fits in your 86? Show us the "Junk In Your Trunk".

Last edited by Dadhawk; 08-20-2020 at 08:49 AM.
Dadhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Dadhawk For This Useful Post:
Atmo (08-20-2020), Captain Snooze (08-20-2020)