View Single Post
Old 08-18-2020, 02:44 PM   #19
gcmak

Drives: GR86
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by churchx View Post
Yes, imho bad one. With toe misset there might appear all sorts of handling issues, and toe should be dialed much more precise then camber, so without some means to properly measure it .. better not. (it's possible to DIY alignment using strings method, but imho it's major PITA and takes lot of time. Much better is to do alignment in shop on alignment rig while having coffee ).
Then again, i'm sure that you'll take first trackday, in car you are not very familiar with if driven on limits, rather lightly, so there won't be THAT bad of issues. But i'd do more optimal alignment prior next one.
Yeah no DIY alignment for me - I've seen the tutorial Donut Media and other channels have made for it and I draw the line of my DIY abilities before alignment lol.

Yeah I don't plan to drive balls out at all, especially not on these sporty Eco tires and would love to drive home with a car that is in good shape minus some of the consumables.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZDan View Post
I think it might be a fine idea, I bet a 6-pack that the reason your toe is out is that they just took away all your front negative camber, then saw that the toe change was still "within spec" and called it done...
I feel the same way or else they should have been able to get the toe to be equal on both sides. I'll ponder this some more because I do think I'll be very miserable in the turns and the computer will have to use the brakes a ton to intervene or I'll just have to drive REALLY slow. I expect to work my point-by arm but I don't want to be THAT slow on track.
gcmak is offline   Reply With Quote