View Single Post
Old 08-08-2020, 08:47 AM   #31
Sam86

Drives: Toyota 86 GTS
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by RToyo86 View Post
There isn't much you can do about water spots unfortunately other than to dry the car when it rains.
I like to use air before touching it, any dirt/dust on the surface will end up turning your rag into sandpaper.
I'm a bit over the top OCD though so whatever works.

I've been satisfied with optimum hyper-seal even prior to using it with Optimum gloss coat. Given gloss coat is a pretty basic coating and is a SIC/Sio2 hybrid, hyper-seal has kept the hydrophobics in peak condition.

Photo is about 40 minutes apart, before and after a drive to the shops and back.
Yea that does look good, mine only looks that clean without any drying if it's parked in the garage, as soon as it goes into the light- water spots -_-.

Not that it's a massive deal since they're pretty easy to remove, I just only have 1 drying towel so feels like I'm putting it in the wash and leaving it to dry constantly. Also just hurts me a little bit also being OCD like you when I have the paint looking amazing and feeling really glossy after an ultimate detail spray wipe down just for it to be washed off before I even got to enjoy a drive
Sam86 is offline   Reply With Quote