View Single Post
Old 07-31-2020, 10:11 PM   #100
Goingnowherefast

Drives: AP2 S2000, 91 Miata 1.8L Rotrex 5MT
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by CSG Mike View Post
I don't know about the "most people agree" part. Both math and used oil data over time show that 8500 will significantly increase cylinder sidewall wear. I couldn't get wear to OE levels until I was back down to 8300.
I guess the real question is how comfortable are people with going outside the OE's durability boundaries?. There's examples of tracked S2000's that have been tuned with raised redlines for over 200K miles so depending on the person, that could be considered more than acceptable.

Quote:
While your AP2 may feel more exciting, with equally skilled drivers and a good tune, your BRZ would actually be roughly even with the AP2. You could even just measure acceleration with Draggy, and find yourself surprised at the BRZ's acceleration.
Very roughly, sure. When you look at the data, there's very few examples of an E85 NA BRZ trapping over 100 mph with full weight. While, on the other hand, there's tons of examples (even 100% bone stock cars) trapping over 100 mph with on average much lower ET's. So I mean, the proof is in the pudding.

Quote:
The BRZ squats less and has a longer wheel base, resulting in a lesser feeling of "pull".
Uh, I mean technically the feeling of "pull" is simply your body reacting to the force of acceleration. The "squat" and long wheelbase has little to nothing to do with the acceleration G's that you feel. None of this is to say that the "perception" of G's isn't affected by what you mentioned, as well as other stimuli.