DarkPira7e
Rust bucket enthusiast

Drives: 2013 Turbo Firestorm FRS
Thanked 4,101 Times in 2,049 Posts
Mentioned: 31 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashikabi View Post
So you're willing to modify anything else to make the power you desire but not the fuel pump?

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5010 using Tapatalk
Not anything else. I won't replace my crash bar, I won't replace stock style struts with coilovers for clearance with larger wheels, I won't replace my throttle body or intake manifold, I won't remove my a/c components, I won't get slim fans. I'm sure there's more I'm not thinking of.

Aside getting a new engine block, (which is not something I'm doing because bi just wanted to) the only things I've changed are engine mounts, and the fuel injectors. Injectors are easily accessed and replaced within minutes, and mounts only cause noise.

I'm not disagreeing that I'm crazy. But I've replaced fuel pumps in several cars that had aftermarket pumps. I've had to disfigure in-tank pumps to accommodate the new pumps.
I just have had the worst times with aftermarket fuel systems and will avoid modifying -anything- I don't have to.

If I can only run 300whp, I'm happy with that. If I make it to 400, that's good too. The purpose of this inquiry was to help ungrey an area there there's not a lot of evidence with that's posted on this forum.

Is there such an issue with not replacing things that don't need to be replaced that aren't easily accessible? I'm replacing all of my pulleys with OEM replacements, I am replacing the serpentine belt, I am having my heads hot tanked and cleaned, I am replacing my plugs for the 3rd time in 500 miles, I am replacing all 4 OCVs. This build is about quality and longevity before power. But if we can document generally on pump gas where the stock fuel pump can't keep up, I'd like to capture that data.

My plan is as follows, whether I get responses or not-

If I run out of fuel, I'll document it here
If I don't run out of fuel, I'll document it here

I'm not trying to come across as argumentative; I just want you to have a thorough understanding of what my goal is and hopefully it'll help you see why I'm leaving the fuel pump alone. And to help others who may search "BRZ fuel pump limit" in Google, to have their answer quickly and passively.
DarkPira7e is offline   Reply With Quote