View Single Post
Old 06-02-2020, 09:59 PM   #1
Randoman5

Drives: 2013 BRZ
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Tires to replace Primacys

I've had my car for 3 years and put 40k of its 65k miles on it. I've driven it in Cleveland winters for three years on Nokians before my move to Northern California in February. My stock tires are done and I'm looking for suggestion for their replacements.

Car is stock save exhaust. I'm planning on getting new tires, switching pads and fluid and attending my first track day at Laguna Seca as soon as I can. I was originally planning to get stock sized Pilot 4s as they're cheaper than the stock tires. Also considering GT SX2s because they're crazy cheap. I'm also concerned that having sticky tires will prevent me from learning all I can from my track experience.

I'm 37 years old. I've spend plenty of time hooning and driving rear wheel drive cars in snow but I've never been on a racetrack before. Like I said, car is stock and probably won't see any mods but brakes and tires this year.

I can't justify spending the money on new Michelin Prius tires but I'm open to other suggestions. I'm planning on hitting up as many HPDEs as I can with the car going forward and eventually do some mods, but probably not this year.
Randoman5 is offline   Reply With Quote