sharpsicle
Certs You Dont Care About

Drives: 2013 Galaxy Blue BRZ
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by teabubblez View Post
1. Change tap count from 4->3.
Start with everything off, put the turn stalk to the 'left' position, and turn the ignition on (not starting). Then, return the stalk to the middle position, and turn the car back off.

Quote:
2. Revert Emergency light strobing back to normal setting (non-strobbing).
Turn on the hazards, then put the turn stalk in the 'right' position. Once flashing, turn the ignition on (not starting). Then center the stalk, turn off the hazards, and then turn the car off. Test the hazards to see what setting you are on. Repeat this until you arrive at the setting you want.

Quote:
3. Disable departure turn signal hold.
With everything off, put the turn stalk in the 'left' position, and then hit 'unlock' on your remote keyfob. You may need to hit 'unlock' multiple times, never hurts to do it a couple times to make sure it goes all the way to zero. From factory, you have to hit 'unlock' twice to get to 0 seconds. Center the turn stalk once done.

Can confirm these work, as I've done this programming multiple times.

Also have had settings change inadvertently if I forget the turn stalk is on in one direction (or bump it accidentally) and I hit the keyfob or try and start the car. Always remember to center it when the car is off to avoid something randomly changing.

EDIT: I wrote this without even watching the videos you referenced. However, they say the same thing. Just be slow and deliberate with your programming. Don't rush the steps, there's no time limit on these. If it still isn't taking a programming, you may have a faulty unit (although I've never seen that failure type yet).

Last edited by sharpsicle; 05-31-2020 at 06:32 PM.
sharpsicle is offline   Reply With Quote