View Single Post
Old 05-31-2020, 09:45 AM   #1
Sam86

Drives: Toyota 86 GTS
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
TOMEI UEL + ? Exhaust

Recently had my headers installed and wanted suggestions on an exhaust that suits what i'm looking for.

I don't want anything obnoxiously loud or with excessive drone in the low- mid ranges. Just a little more sound and something that will accentuate the UEL rumble. I currently don't have plans to replace the other pipes and don't want to spend TOO much, my budget is max $800 USD, but likely will be lower due to factoring the additional shipping costs (provided I can't find it for sale in AUS).

I see a lot of people suggesting the Invidia exhaust- I've seen a few videos of it and it hasn't really done much for me.

I LOVE the look of a quad tip, however all the options seem to be pretty expensive.
https://www.ft86speedfactory.com/ft-...l#.XtOu0jozaUk

^This quad tip is appealing and sounds great so if anyone has experience with it please share. I did see a youtube comment from someone saying it had pretty bad drone in the 3k rev ranges so a few more opinions on it would be helpful.

Another option for me is the Borla S Type.

Few more things to add- I'm not crazy about burned tips/ the aesthetic of the exhaust so that aspect isn't going to factor into the appeal for me. As I said i'm just looking for something to make my UEL header tone more apparent, slight increase in sound but nothing that's going to get me pulled over.

Thanks
Sam86 is offline   Reply With Quote