View Single Post
Old 04-24-2020, 03:51 PM   #26
snowtaipan

Drives: '17 BRZ Series Yellow Edelbrock SC
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Irace86.2.0 View Post
I guess what I was asking is whether your symptoms match what this product is trying to fix--not so much if you had that Delicious Tuning harness/box.

A bad o2 sensor is possible. A bad injector or poor a/f ratio condition could cause a bad o2 sensor and vice versa, which is the bitch of it.
Agreed

I'm not really following you about the MAF harness.
So the SC came with a new harness that extends the TB harness and MAF harness, attaches to the MAP, and plugs into the original harness. The MAF has 5 pins, the original harness has 5 wires, but the new harness only has 4. Not sure it matters.

Also, you mentioned originally that the MAF was good at 12.8 psi, but did you mean MAP, and if it is MAP, 12.8 psi seems high for that altitude. Max boost should drop at altitude.
I was refering to the barometric pressure that the MAF reads. At 4600 ft, it should read around 12.6 which it is

Is this a used kit or new? You are running the stock 3.25'' pulley, right?
Brand new kit, yeah 3.25" pulley

I'm always confused by the Edelbrock vs Harrop kits. Same TVS 1320 supercharger. The Harrop runs a 9 5mm pulley which is like 8 psi. I am running an 85 mm pulley, which is like 12.5 psi. Edelbrock states their CARB pulley is 3.25'', and it states max 9 psi, but 3.25'' is 82.55 mm, which is smaller than my 85 mm pulley, so it should be more boost, but maybe the kits generate different boost levels with the same pulleys. Yet, I thought most people are seeing 11 psi +/- on the stock pulley.
Edelbrock states that it's system pushes 9PSI, which was part of the appeal since I know the stock engine and injectors should be able to handle that.

https://ww3.arb.ca.gov/msprog/afterm...o/d-215-93.pdf

Just for reference, I was hitting high duty cycles on my setup on a Delicious Tune with the stock injectors and running lean. They didn't want to raise direct injector duty cycle more than a determined max, so my ports were over-doing it. I ended up getting larger injectors. Eventually I went to E85, but the larger injectors solved that issue. Just saying.
New injectors is an expensive fix, especially for a kit that's touted as "bolt on" and designed for a stock car.
snowtaipan is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to snowtaipan For This Useful Post:
Irace86.2.0 (04-24-2020)