View Single Post
Old 04-04-2020, 06:03 AM   #182
TRS

Drives: 2013' Toyota 86 (EU spec)
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Thanks for coming back with that! I already changed the diff angle a little by removing the additional Metal caps on top of the bushings. Didn't change alot but helped a little. Overall I am close to 0° on the trans end and arround 1° on the diff end. (operating angle, not absolute. So measured to the driveshaft.) My thoughts were also that under acceleration it should tilt up a little. I reached out with all measurements to a Shop specialiced for drifeshafts. It's not located near, but the only I was able to find. They reviewed the measurements and were pretty sure that this should work. So my drive shaft is in production currently.

Unfortunately my budget is getting low since incomes goes down due to the lockdown. So I will need to stop my biuld for a while. The converters only are arround 1200USD, so have to save arround 2k to get the exhaust finished.

For the airbox I decided for a own Design. The Corvette style solution is for sure more effektive, but in Germany it is no option to trim/change parts like the latch Support and crash bar if you want to achieve the TÜV approval.

BTW: I am following your Youtube account and were watching every single fr-s video you posted in order to get an idea about the Sound level. Unfortunately there are not many clips Filme from outside.
My Main concern is that the exhaust gets too loud, at least for german Standards. Can you give me an idea how the noise level is, lets say compared to a bone stock Mk5 Camaro? I also decided to use the Perrin 3" resonated, as well the CX headers. There will be a little extra noise reduction due too the converters I believe. I assume you dont use any, correct?

Last edited by TRS; 04-08-2020 at 01:49 PM.
TRS is offline   Reply With Quote