View Single Post
Old 03-10-2020, 10:52 AM   #62
M0nk3y

Drives: 2016 Scion FRS / Chevy Colorado
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Racecomp Engineering View Post
I think people also get too hung up on the shape of the curve (i.e. is it digressive or not) when I very often see digressive curves that are outrageously stiff in low or high piston speed or both. Yes it's digressive and that's nice, but it's still not very good.

But I could get real off topic here so I'll stop.

- Andrew
Still a great conversation, I wouldn't mind it.

I think trying to revalve an OEM piston @solidONE to perform the way you want you'll be severely underwhelmed at the end result, just IMO YMMV.

Going back to "it just works" convo. My initial shocks and dyno sheets suggested I had fantastic range on my adjustments, when in reality I actually didn't. Just comes with testing and actually playing around.

Since then, I've revalved the shocks, went with a coated piston to reduce initial nose in for low speed stuff and still can satisfy high speed. Can autocross at 60 mph and can smack a curb at Mid-Ohio at 100 mph and car can go "meh"

I'll attach them for reference, but like a typical whp dyno - everyone's input and application is going to be different from how YOU setup the car
Attached Images
File Type: pdf SET 1623 LF (1).pdf (155.5 KB, 144 views)
File Type: pdf SET 1623 LR.pdf (155.5 KB, 141 views)
Kyle H. - #89 STX
M0nk3y is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to M0nk3y For This Useful Post:
Racecomp Engineering (03-10-2020), solidONE (03-10-2020), venturaII (03-10-2020)